The DEA has rescheduled hydrocodone combination products from Schedule III to Schedule II effective October 6, 2014. The SRS system will not grandfather refills of hydrocodone combination products written before 10/6/14, and will not allow refills after 10/6/14. The SRS system will manage all CII products in compliance with standard DEA rules.
How Does This Affect Your Pharmacy?
- SRS' pharmacy software will be changing hydrocodone combination product Schedule from CIII to CII in the drug file
- Do an inventory of all Hydrocodone Combination Products
How to Prepare
- Communicate with patients and doctors before 10/6/2014 about the upcoming changes. Doing this will alert patients and help them prepare, and avoid any being without needed medications
- Take inventory of all hydrocodone combination products before business on Monday October 6, 2014
- Existing inventory of hydrocodone products marked as CIII can be dispensed AFTER 10/6/14, until the supply is exhausted. Wholesalers will begin shipping product marked as CII on or after 10/6/14
About SRS Pharmacy Systems
An integrated Pharmacy Management software and systems provider servicing customers throughout the United States, SRS develops solutions that encompass the needs of community pharmacy. Key modules include Rx Scanning, RPh Verify, POS w/IIAS, electronic signature capture, Smartphone and web refills, Surescripts®, HIPAA, IVR, EDI inventory, Visa/MC/debit/credit card processing, LTC MAR printing, A/R, and thermal/laser printing. Services include web security, off-site backup, EFT payroll, health insurance, facility insurance and retirement benefits. SRS internally develops, supports and services all hardware, software, systems as well as manages pharmacy IT functions, allowing pharmacies to focus on their primary business. SRS customers have just one phone number to call for their pharmacy, business, and IT needs. One System, One Vendor, One Call.
SRS Pharmacy Systems Customer Support: (800) 673-6226